Find out interesting thoughts and experiences about the selection and usage of a frameworks for your projects in this set of slides ‘Living with Frameworks‘ by Stuart Herbert, Technical Manager at www.gradwell.com.
You will learn about:
- How frameworks save you time (=money) and ensure quality but can also waste resources if applied in another way the framework was intended to be used.
- The importance of the framework guru role.
- That a chosen framework and architecture should be strategically introduced (top-down).
- Introduction and proper use of a new framework has a steep learning curve.
- Legacy code and the parallel maintenance hassle.
- Refactor early, refactor often, perform regular code reviews with the framework guru.
- Frameworks will not fix bad practice (specification, quality, no training).
- Your framework should fit your overall development plan and practice.
- Training your staff in your framework is a means of building your team.
- Headcount on projects has increased, means more teamwork, organisation around needs to mature too.
- Importance of upgrades and backward compatibility.