It seems, that being upset is a good motivator wrinting blogposts… Sorry for being lazy for such a long time.
Currently I am selling lots of ‘old stuff’ that has not being used for 2 years, among other things also my iPhone 3GS advertising it to local boards such as www.quoka.de. In short it goes like this:
- Viallain askes if the IPhone is still available. I answer ‘yes, come bring cash and pick it up’.
- Villain: Can you send it, I pay for the shipping. Me: OK that’s x bucks extra. Fine.
- Villain: Please send me your interantional bank-account number, which I did, because it is as safe as giving out your local bank account number and any debit actions can be objected to for 6 weeks at your bank.
- And now it gets weird: I receive a fake bank email (see below) saying, the money is in transit. By the way it had a BIC from another account – copy&paste error. Villain is also lazy and probably a bit disorganized and stupid too. I can get the money as soon as I send the package to an address in Italy (see map and Streetviev of the house below – probably the villain’s house, not sure but likely) and provide tracing number of the package. At this point it would be fun to return a fake one or a ticking package or some of the other 100 jokes jumping to my mind at this moment ;), but I have currently no time to do that.
- If you disagree with this procedure, villain gets angry. Maybe this works in some % of the cases.
- End of communication.
Here are some screens of emails. Have fun:
This is the address in Streetview.
Email addreses I got spammed so far:
- surely more to come…
Update: There is a webinterface, see http://abuse.yahoo.com or forward phishing-email to email@example.com.
Next steps: Informed local commissario di San Martino, Yahoo abuse dept. and Nordea Bank – have fun getting busted, loser!
Update: Received a cheque for my pinball table (Dirty Harry, abvertised for 1500EURs). Rest was meant to send container with ‘some other things’ to Urkraine, I should pay for the shipping with the cheque. This is it. Find the faults:
Awesomely entertaining shit!